Thursday 27 August 2015

Temples & Gangs #ThugLife

Hahaha, yes the title of this email is a little off... PERO! There is a story behind it...

So we got to go to the temple on Wednesday... YAAAAAAAY! It was so good because I was missing the temple so bad. It was extra chivo because it was my wards temple day as well (Ayutuxtepeque)... So all the ladies were there, and the youth and the Priesthood. Well duh, all the ward hahaha. But anyways, it was cool because we did a session with Zone Layco, and that’s the Zone that Elder Fiu's in. So got to see him, yay! Apart from that I just loved it all, so spiritual.
So great! And then because it was the last session when we came out it was dark and we got to see the temple lit up #beautiful! But sucks cos it was so dangerous to get home which was lucky for us though because our ward was there and so Hermana Navy took us home, cos she's also our neighbour. Anyways, so that was the temple.

Thursday we were supposed to have interviews with President, but then like 15 minutes before he cancelled on us lol. So pheeew! Nah kidding, I wanted an interview. Anyways, now for the gangstahs……….

So, me and Wagner have been really looking for the MARCs (less actives) in our ward and we've been working alot in San Pedro (the ridgeway of the area)... so we get to this one pasaje (street kinda thing) and we see this young kid putting shoes on his roof and we ask him if he needs help and if he knew La familia Campos... he tries to help us but we get nowhere so then we just start talking to him and contacting him. Then 2 of his friends come out of the house... they're all about 17-22ish so we don't think anything of it. And if it was something sketch the spirit would have told us. So we continue to teach and 2 more of their friends come over. So we start teaching them as well and we think they're really cool and get a return date. So when we go back the next day, there’s 2 new friends. One of the new boys that we meet has tattoos and earrings (and here in El Salvador that’s a big sign of a gang member) but the thing is, they were really receptive to our message and were heaps friendly. But when we ask them how many friends they have because there’s always new ones they tell us there are about 30 of them and they have “reunions” here at this house hahaha!  I just look at Wagner and we wrap it up.

The thing is, the gangs have alot of respect for missionaries so we weren't scared but the thing is, we don't know if we're allowed to teach them. So when we ask Elder Monsen (District Leader) he says it’s fine unless we don’t feel right. So we haven't decided if we will continue teaching them or not. Because one of the member families that we have dinner with told us that it’s not dangerous to teach them because everybody deserves to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ but it’s just that there are alot of drive-bys and if we're there one day and the opposition come by then there could be a problem. But ni modo... we're seriously protected. 

This country is heaps sad though, we don't watch the news so we don't know what’s going on but just through the people that we meet everyday you can tell that this country is going through something. Like when we ask to pray with them, we ask if there is something specific they almost always say "paz por este pais" or "por mi pais" which is peace for this country or for my country. So I feel for these people, I love them so much! I love this country so much! It’s so crazy how much I love it. The things that they go through, it’s so sad. But the people are just so polite, that have nothing but they are so giving. It’s so true about poor people, they are so humble, they give what they don’t have. But yeah, that’s the story of my country El Salvador.

I am pretty sure that when the Saviour visited the Americas here came here... I am 99% sure lol #Biased hahaha. Nah but seriously because the direct translation of "EL SALVADOR" is "THE SAVIOUR" y entonces, I think I'm right lol. No but seriously this is the best, the mission is the best!!!

Oh and Kevin, our 20 year old investigator, he is so shy and is starting to open up to us... really slowly but we are getting there. Lol, the other night we took my uke (her name is Linda) and I sung "hey boy - fiji" before our lesson lol he really liked it and I told him I will teach him because he needs a hobby. His desafio right now is playing soccer on Sundays and so we think if we get him another hobby, he will come to church more often. *crosses fingers*

La familia Melara... *sighs* I just wish they knew how much I loved them. SO SAD, I like cried myself to sleep. They didn't come to church because they had a birthday but that’s not why I was sad. I was sad because when we asked them how they liked church... Sonia says "bien diferent, bien diferente"... and just kept saying that. Like it’s really different, really different. So I don’t think it was a positive "really different" either but I am hoping, praying, wishing that they just come back one more time and I know they will feel different. I KNOW IT! But I love them so much! You don't understand. So weird, you just meet these people and you have so much love for them it’s crazy!!!! But I won't give up on them, I know they will have an eternal family. We just need to keep praying and praying. FAITH AND WORKS.

Anyways, I love you guys so much. Everyday I learn more and more about the Saviour and His love for me. The Atonement is so wonderful, so beautiful... and I don't think you can ever fully understand it, but even just a little understanding of it, it will CHANGE your life. Oh woops, forgot... We are also teaching this 50+ year old man named Hector who has alcohol problems... but he has been going to AA. And tells us that he wants to change but he doesn’t want us to think he is a liar and so he just opened up to us telling us that when he organises his mind, he will get baptised because he believes it. He just needs to fix his life. Mahn, I testified and bawled hard in that lesson. He is so wonderful. I wish I could put faces to these names for you guys, but can't take my camera places. Grrrrr! That thug life though... no wonder I got called here. I was made for this gangstas paradise bwahahahaha! But anyways, tell my homeboys Poasa and Syd I said Holllaaaa... Nah, seriously, tell them I miss them so much!!!! I freaking miss them so much... faggots didn’t give me enough letters to last. I read them ATLEAST once a week. So I kinda know them off by heart. I pray for my brothers more than anything. Alot of the people that I meet, remind me of either one or the other. Freaaaak! I love those two. If only I could carry them in my suitcase... but nah, this place is too dangerous for them. Only made for thugs like me hahahaha just kidding. But yeah, I love you guys forever. I gotta go. But I will talk to yáll on Monday otra vez!!! I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!

Don't miss me too much, I've got work to do!

Hermana Loli

PS, I HIT 5 MONTHS TOMORROW.... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pss, still working on the package mumma, its stuck in customs. but dont worry too much.

PSSS, I know what date I get home hahahaha #baggy... LEATAS WEDDING AGHHHHH LOL. I LOVE YOU LEATAAAAAAA!  hahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment