Thursday 2 July 2015

My Testimony

Hola mi familia y amigos,

Como estan? Time is going by so fast! I almost can't believe it sometimes. But this mission is honestly THE BEST!

I know that I was called here for a reason. I also know that the people here, the people I meet everyday, the missionaries as well, I meet for a reason. I am supposed to learn something from each and everyone of them and vice versa. Our Heavenly Father puts people in our paths for a reason and I know that every little thing also happens for a reason. There is no such thing as a coincidence.

In these 3 short months that I have been away from home and set apart as a full-time missionary, I have learned so much about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My relationship with my Saviour and my Heavenly Father has grown so much more than I could have ever imagined. And the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost is the most comforting feeling I have ever felt. The love I have for the people here in Ayutuxtepeque grows more and more everyday.  "The work of the Lord will go forth boldly, nobly and independant..." and I am so blessed, blessed far beyond measure to be a part of this sacred work. The work of the most high.

Now I know that everyday is different and not everyday is full of sunshine and rainbows but our Father in Heaven always, ALWAYS provides a way for His children …. For you, for me, for everyone! All we need to do is ask like it says in Matthew 7:7-8. ASK and ye shall receive, KNOCK and it shall be opened unto you.

The Restored Gospel of our Saviour Jesus Christ is the truthfulness on this earth. I am so grateful that I can say PROUDLY that I know with ALL of my heart that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is TRUE!!

I know that The Book of Mormon is the WORD of God! I know that The Bible is also the word of God as far as it is translated correctly and that The Bible and The Book of Mormon complement, support and enrich each other.

You cannot know this to be true, any of it, UNLESS you read for yourself. Search, ponder and pray. That is the key. We ask and we receive. He ALWAYS gives us an answer. ALWAYS. I received my answer and that’s why I am here. I would not be on the other side of the world, a million miles away from MY FAMILY if I did not KNOW this to be true. 

I am so HAPPY to have these truths in my life and that is why I chose to serve a mission and spread the good word to my brothers and sisters here in El Salvador. 

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL OF YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT. I feel your love and am ever so grateful for it.

PS. My Spanish is coming along okay... almost, almost!

Have a beautiful week! Until next time....

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Loli



PS. Don’t miss me too much; I’ve got work to do!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment