Thursday 7 May 2015

First Area - Autuxtepeque!!!


Hola yáll, how are you all? Anyways, DRUM ROLL... My mission mama es Hermana Kava de Hawaii, she’s half Tongan quarter Italian and quarter Spanish. She’s 6 months old in the mish but she’s boss! She’s 20 years old and she kinda reminds me of Zunny and Janelle in one. She’s super fun and we get work done!

So, I´m in Autuxtepeque Barrio (ward) and Cuscatlán Estaca (stake). My ward is friendly as and everyone is totally understanding. They all help me out bigtime. OMG, one family when we went there for lunch for the first time had balloons all in the house and a sign saying WELCOME HERMANA LONI... like they got the name wrong but they’re so freaking cute... She (the sister in the house) was googling AUSTRALIAN FOOD to make lol. So nice. It’s not as povo as what I thought but it is povo here. It smells like Samoa and reminds me of it sometimes. It’s crazy! There are some roads that we´re not allowed to go near.  I’m guessing its peligroso (dangerous) but everyone/thing Ive seen so far is medium. SO I’m in the same zone as 2 of my CCM siblings. Same district as Elder Osiek and we´re in the same zone as Hermana Larsen.

Anyways, so ma-ness cos we had our 1st zone meeting on Thursday (every Thursday) in Mejicano (where Larsen is) and we all needed to get up and introduce ourselves. Our name, country and what animal we would be if we could be an animal. So I get up and introduce myself and then say that I would wanna be a snake. Nek minnit, the whole zone is cracking up. Then I remember that Elder Schappell (My DL) told me the day before when we were proselyting that they have a code name for guys/girls that try and tempt you from the work, like temptresses. The call them snakes... hahahahaha! I was like OH CRAP. But I just laughed and said YEAH DIFERENTE SERPENT and everyone was just cracking up and hi-5ing me. 
It’s cool. My zones chill. After that we caught a bus back to our area and it was pouring like no tomorrow. Got so soaked but I loved it. It was like rain in Samoa, heavy as. Also they use American dollars here so that’s cool. Hermana Kava was mission born in this area and so she’s been here the whole 6 months. We ate pupusas and I’m in love. Sah good yes! The members are the best and so are the investigators. Everyone is so inviting and this ward has a rostere for us for lunch and dinner. Weird though at the CCM they told us we can’t eat at members’ houses or side shops. Ive done both since being here. But the missionaries here in the field said that everyone gets sick at least once. I’ll be okay though. I’m good. Omg also, they have a Wal-Mart in our area. We´re lucky cos noone else does in this mission lol except the nurse and her comp, the APs and office elders cos they’re in the city, I think. But yeah, it’s crazy being on the other side now. Missionaries really aren’t perfect, they’re just normal people. It’s crazy. I CANT BELIEVE IT MOST TIMES! I’M A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!

Look up this song: Glorioso - David Archuletta but it’s a cover of three girls I think their names are Eleni. Such a nice and uplifting song. Spiritual as. Also, one of the investigators Javier said yes to baptism for the 23 de Mayo... omg. Crossing fingers and praying hard. The lessons are scary but I love it. I’m hoping Wendy accepts baptism but she needs to attend church one more time and we´re hoping we have a new investigator in Julissa who comes to our English classes on Saturdays. PRAYERS PRAYERS PRAYERS!!! I seriously cannot believe that I’m a serving a mission right now. I love it, this work is real. AAAAHHHH!!! IT’S BOMB AS!!!!

The church is true!  The gift of tongues is real! The scriptures are THE words of God. Heed the words of the Prophet; he is the messenger of God. HELP THE MISSIONARIES; they are the servants of the most high! I love you guys so much it’s unfathomable!!!! I love the work more than life!!! SEE YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACES ON SUNDAYYYY!!!!! ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DADDYYYY!!!! I LOVE YOU MORE THAN LIFEEEEEE.... 

Con amor, Hermana Loli!

SHOUTOUTS:
- Happy Birthday Julie, you are an amazing, strong woman and deserve all the happiness in the world.
- HAPPY MOTHERS DAY or FELIZE DIA DE LA MADRE TO ALL THE MOTHERS OUT THERE.... Keep working hard!!!!!!

REMEMBER:
´´Obedience brings righteousness, Righteousness brings faith. Faith precedes the miracle´´

AND

´´It’s better to PREPARE and PREVENT than to REPAIR and REPENT! ´´

SPANISH WORD FOR THE WEEK¨:
Chivo = cool or Que chivo = that’s cool.


OKAY, Don’t miss me, I got work to do. I LOVE YOU ALLLLLL!!!!!! HERMANA LOLI xoxoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment