Tuesday 19 May 2015

My Eddie xx

Alot has happened over the past 2 weeks. My cousin's son (who would usually be my nephew in Samoan culture) but was more like my brother - Eddie Seupule passed away on 06 May 2015. I found out when I called home for Mother's Day xx My thoughts to be read out by Eternity at the family service...



¨I have the biggest headache right now because I can´t stop crying. I just finished talking to everyone via Skype. I don´t think I´ve ever lost someone this close to me before. My heart is honestly so broken right now. It´s really weird because the last time we spoke was the day before I left for my mission. Our Heavenly Father really does know ALL things because on Saturday I had already said goodbye to you. But on Monday before I was set apart to be a missionary I had a feeling that I wanted to say goodbye again so I called Sina to talk to you and she told me she was at the hospital with you because something happened and you needed a check-up. So I told Aso that I needed to see you ASAP! When I get there I say ¨are you serious? What happened?¨ and you just smile, then I say ¨whos gonna look after you now? I wont be here for 18 months. Gosh!¨and you just laugh and say ¨dont worry, I´m okay¨. Always so humble Eddie, I miss you so much! Then you ask how I feel about coming here to El Salvador and if I´m scared. And don´t talk to any MS13 members. LOL! Too late, jokes... 

I honesly feel super gypped right now that you won´t be there when I get home, but I´m also so grateful because I know that you´ll be here watching over me in this dangerous country, God knew that I needed you here. Shucks!!! This is super weird and doesn´t feel real at all. Who would´ve ever thought that I´d be sitting here writing a message for your funeral. I can´t stop bawling, this sucks BIG TIME!! I hate this, but I know that God is our LOVING Heavenly Father and that He has created a plan for us. He loves us more than we will ever know, more than we could ever understand. Death sucks, but its an important part of this plan. But death is NOT the end. It is the hardest part, but it is NOT the end. We can rejoice in this knowledge. Our loving Heavenly Father will help us through it - ALWAYS! He NEVER gives us trials we cannot overcome with His help. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ our Saviour, Redeemer and brother we will be strengthened. All we need to do is go to Him. We must have faith in His name, faith in Him. I know that through the Gospel of Jesus Christ we can be with our families for eternity! I know this with my whole heart. Families can be together forever, through Heavenly Father´s plan. I wouldn´t be out here if I didn´t believe it. If it wasn´t real then these 18 months would be a waste of time. I know that I will see you again so that you can listen to my gay stories like always and then wait for me to finish so you can lecture me hahaha. You and Mannia, always. I have so much to say but maybe I shouldn´t share everything LOL. It can wait for when we meet again at Jesus´ feet. 

I am so grateful for the memories that I have of us because I know that I can think of them and feel like you´re with me. Like the time when Luaina made all us kids try and do an add for her magic muffins hahaha. Before Youtube huh? LOL. Ah I miss you! I am BLESSED far beyond measure to have had a brother like you to share my 23 years of life with. You wil NEVER be forgotten, I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!! See you on the flip side Vato! hahaha. I´m doing this for us - FAMILIA! LOL. I love you, Te quiero mucho!!!

Seta, Taula'i, Elain, Lia, SJ and Sina: Be strong, Eddie wouldn´t want you to be sad. He is so loving and will always be remembered for the love that he had for EVERYONE! Smile because this is not the end, its only the beginning. He is waiting for us on the other side. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH... SEE YOU IN 18!!!

FAMILIES ARE TOGETHER FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!


Hermana Esther Loli xoxoxo¨

No comments:

Post a Comment