Monday 20 April 2015

Sister Training Leader for CCM Guatemala

Hola!


So first off, its P-day* and we went to the temple as we do every P-day and then after that we went to the market... Okay!

So, we got a BOM* each and a pass along card. We all had to pair up with elders, so a sister companionship to Elder's. It felt so good to get out of here finally and see the real world. It was THE BOMB!

Hermana Scott & I placed our copies of the BOM at the market and it was all gravy. Then we had time to go out to the plaza to talk to people about the gospel and if people still had BOMs left then we could give them out.

Okay... so we got rejected a few times, especially by this one lady that we walked up to and said "Hola, como esta?" nekk minnit, "NO CATOLICO!!" haaaaawrightyyyy thennnnn HAHAHAHA! I died, pero whatevers your salvation lol kidding kidding. But it was cool.


On our way back to the bus, a guy stops us. Me, Hermana Scott (Virginia), Elder Verdine (Utah) and Elder Addi (Melbourne)... starts saying to my companion "I have a love for you" and stuff like when I asked him "Creer en Dios?" (Do you believe in God?) he goes "God sent you to me" and we were all like "whaaaaa" cos he was trying to chat her up earlier... then we started trying to preach to him and we could see we were getting nowhere with that so then we started finishing up our "lesson thing" and he grabs her hand to shake it, then grabs her and fully kisses her on the cheek... I was in shock like bigtime and Elder Verdine had the guys shoulder like "okay okay what are you doing?" it was awkward me and Addi were shocked as. But good experience, I felt sorry for my poor companion but I think it’s because here they like "chunky white girls" her own words LOL! But yeah today was hektik, I loved it. To finally get out of the CCM and go into the real world. I cannot wait to get out there.

It was crazy because the people ACTUALLY understood my broken as, stupid as Spanish hahahaha! I love Guatemala and wish I could serve here but I'm sure I will love El Salvador just as much. I cannot believe I only have 2 weeks left here, it sucks because I love it so much... I love Presidente and Hermana Cox, I love my teachers and I don't wanna leave but I'm also very excited to get out there. I don't think I'm ready with the language but I will never be until they chuck me in deep water right?

So next Tuesday will be the last time I write to you guys from here because the Tuesday after that I'll be on a bus (with the 10 other Nortes plus some Latinas) that are coming with me to mi mision finally.

Oh also, I'm the new Hermana Training Leader here in the CCM, mi companera es the music lidere now. Its good though because it will help me with my Espanol being the leader because all our meetings are in Spanish.
Man, District Job and the Latinas left today for the mission field and I miss them heaps... (Elder Putnum's brother was in that District) and then we get new Latinas today and they will be the ones that come with us to our mission cos Latinas are only in the CCM for a week.

I love it here, I really do. In our District Meeting the other night we were discussing something and one of the Elder's said, "you guys only have 17 months left" and we all nearly bawled hahaha so gay cos we haven't even hit the field yet but it made me think, like THIS IS IT... You don't get another chance to do this again, it goes fast... FAST AS!!! Like this short 4 weeks I've been here... it feels like I walked in those gates last night. Like its crazy fast... And I'm going to give it my all because I want to do it right. Yeah they say the CCM is easy, but wherever I am, I'm going to make it worth it.

THE CHURCH IS TRUE! I knew that before I got here, but everyday I am reminded and my testimony is strengthened. I know that when my Saviour atoned, He atoned for me... He atoned for you, He atoned for all of us! He saw all of our faces, every single one of us. He loves us... I know He loves me! I know that the gift of tongues is REAL, SO REAL! I mean, hello its only been 4 weeks and I was conversing hard today in the market... just with randoms. The Holy Ghost is the real teacher... I am so grateful to be an instrument in His hands. Ah, I don't want this to end, I am going to make the most of it.
I miss you guys heaps, but not that I want to come home but more like it would be cool if you guys could be here with me. It is so true that saying "He doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called" and everyday I learn more and more. I LOVE IT HERE. I HAVE SO MUCH PURPOSE... IT FEELS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!! This is the best thing I could ever do... EVER!!!!! I am so grateful to be here. I love you guys! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

Quick shoutouts to:

MY NEW BABY LUCKY NUMBER 7, MY BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL EVOTIA FAITH SAMALAULU PINONO... I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!  Sene Lilomaiava - HAPPY BIRTHDAY PONY!   Also, hows Eddie???? Hope you're better Eddie xo

Keep it real y'all... Don't miss me too much, I got work to do! Okay? Okay! Sonrisa Siempre :)
Hermana Loli. XOXOXO

Preparation Day or P-Day as it is often referred to, is the one day a week in which missionaries get a break from their usual labors. It's the day that missionaries are allowed to do their laundry, shop for supplies, write letters home, and otherwise relax. The day lasts only until dinner, after which missionaries resume their normal labors. Missionaries tend to love their P-Days, as it's a nice break from the normal challenges of missionary work.
*BOM is the unofficial abbreviation for The Book of Mormon

~Also included are online images from Guatemala city markets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment