Monday 23 February 2015

HOLD ON

And with only 23 days left before I head off I am a little bit of a mess. I mean don't get me wrong, I am more excited than ever before. But I am also so very depressed (I ain't gonna lie) that I will be leaving my family... *cue tears*

I’m going to be a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints (Mormon).

“What does that mean?” you ask?

Well… It means that I’ll be leaving my Family, friends, work & everything I love (& not love) to move to a foreign place for 18 months.
I’m only allowed to call home TWICE a year: Mother’s Day & Christmas Day, email Family ONCE a week & write letters to friends.
I can’t check my Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or YouTube. I can’t even Snapchat every second of my life like I do – no movies, no music, no BeyoncĂ©, no Nicki!!!
It will be hard… I will have days where I’ll want to just break down & cry. Heck! I'll have days where I do just break down & cry. I’ll have days where I will want to give up & just go home. I will miss my Family more than ever!

BUT... 

I’ll also have the best 18 months FOR my life & maybe IN my life. I’ll make friendships that will last for eternity, I’ll meet people who will change my life & hopefully I'll change theirs as well, for the better.

I know that this is such a small sacrifice but I know that there is nothing else that I’d much rather do than this - the Lord’s work. “Because I have been given much, I too must give…”. Mosiah 2:17 reads: “And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.”
I know that without the Gospel in my life I would be LOST & so I offer a small sacrifice of 18 months to my creator, Heavenly Father & Saviour Jesus Christ. “…The work of the Lord will go forth boldly, nobly & independent…” & I want to be a part of it! I want to be the Lord’s hands on this Earth. The time will come when we have to take that stand for what is right and true. The Lord knows when His children are ready & I have never been as ready as I am now - grateful to be made an instrument in His hands! I testify that the Lord knows everything & that we must put our trust in Him & know that everything will be alright.
My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ & His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost & enduring to the end.

I CHOOSE TO SERVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment