Tuesday 13 January 2015

I ACCEPT

I am overwhelmed by my call to serve in the El Salvador San Salvador West / Belize Mission. I am thankful for the opportunity that I have been given to be able to do the Lord's work in serving the people of El Salvador and Belize. I accept this call wholeheartedly.

While preparing for my mission I faced many trials, which I'm sure many preparing missionaries do, and at times thought that it would be easier just to give up and not try anymore. But I knew that a mission was something that I was meant to do, something that I'd known I was meant to do since I was a child in Primary. Although my testimony was not as strong or sure as it is now, being a missionary was so vivid in my mind. The Gospel is the most real thing that I've ever known and I know that without it, I would be lost.

I know that without a shadow of doubt that my Heavenly Father is real, that His love for me is unfathomable and that He knows me by name. I know that Jesus Christ is our Saviour and Redeemer and that He came to Earth to die for us so that we may live again. He was also a prophet and came to earth to minister. I know that this is true. I am so grateful for the Atonement and I know that it is real, that there would be no other way to return to our Father in Heaven were it not for it. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost and for the comfort that He is to me and for His friendship. I am grateful for this gift because I know that I am never alone and will always have a guide. I am so thankful for prayer, I know that it is real, I know that without prayer my life would be in ruins. Nothing in my life would make sense were it not for the Gospel. It is the centre of my life and I couldn't imagine life without it. There is not a doubt in my mind and heart that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the truth on this earth. That it is the restored Gospel.

I am thankful for the scriptures and for the truth that they breathe into me everyday as I study. I have a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and I know that the words written by the Prophets in this book are true. I know that Joseph Smith saw what he said he saw, and I know that he was a true prophet of God. I know that our living Prophet today, Thomas S. Monson, is a true prophet of God in these latter days and that if we heed his teachings, we cannot go wrong.

More than anything, I am grateful for my Family. I am grateful for the love that we have for each other and the bond that we share. I am grateful that we can continue this bond in the next life as well. I know that families are forever through our Heavenly Father's plan. I am very grateful for the plan of Salvation, it truly is the plan of happiness. I know that the Gospel is real, it is true and I love it with all of my heart, with everything that I have.


I want to say how thankful I am again for this opportunity, I don't think I can say it enough. I leave you with my short, yet sure testimony. In and through the sacred name of our Saviour Jesus Christ, Amen.

Sister Loli ;-)