Saturday 27 December 2014

WAIT NO MORE

Well, actually, its not what you think. You should keep waiting because my call isn't back yet. BUT, it will be here soon soon soon. I spoke to my President who told me that it should be here either the week of Christmas or the following week. Christmas was Thursday which means... You know what it means. I am on top of the world, excited as ever! I cannot wait to open my call and see where I am to serve. This calls for celebration... No, not a party but something like: a cupcake, a movie, cruise to the beach... You know something like that. Hahahaha! A bit off topic but yes I am very excited!!

While I was preparing to serve my mission, I found it extremely difficult. I was on an emotional roller coaster and I couldn't understand why it seemed so easy for others. It honestly looked like a piece of cake for them whilst I was suffering to do the simplest things in preparation for this. One day I would be so full of hope and determination. And then the very next second, I would be at my lowest.. struggling to keep afloat. One day, I had had enough and decided to throw in the towel (because lets face it, nobody is perfect). I text my President and told him I was done, to which he replied: "Esther read Ecclesiastes 3:1. Don't doubt this time as part of your purpose." I grabbed my scriptures and scavenged for this reference in search for hope, I read:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"
I cried, cried and cried. And prayed, I prayed to ask for forgiveness, forgiveness for doubting that this was my purpose and I asked for strength, strength to overcome any trials that were to come. Any trials that were to try and take me off the path I was currently on. I spoke to my President the next day and I thanked him for his text and assured him that I was fine and well and truly back on the path I was meant to be on.

I have such a strong testimony of the Gospel, I believe with all of my heart that it is the truth on this earth. If I didn't believe it, I wouldn't be sacrificing 18 months to share it with strangers because that would just be a waste of time for everybody. I am grateful for the truthfulness of the Gospel, I am grateful for our living Prophet today, Thomas S. Monson. I love this Gospel with everything I have! I can truly say that I would give my life for it. I love missionaries and missionary work. And I am so very grateful for their hard work and selflessness. I love our Father in Heaven, our Savior Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost and I'm so very grateful for their presence in my life. Through and in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Sister Loli ;-)