Monday 8 September 2014

HASTENING THE WORK OF SALVATION

After a bitter sweet weekend... My Monday came. Oh how I love Mondays. It's like an extension of Sunday... like a Sunday part two (in regards to being spiritually uplifted that is). I heard from all my magnificent missionaries and I replied. MISSIONARY MAIL MAKE MY MONDAYS MAGNIFICENTLY MARVELOUS. The weekend that was, was awesome. We had Newcastle Stake Conference and the theme for the weekend was *drum rolls*... 

Hastening the Work of Salvation!

So I say bitter sweet because apart from it being such a spiritual weekend, my sister, my tokouso Sister Kale was transferred. She has been in our ward since she came out onto the field and I love her like she is my blood sister. I haven't cried that way in so long and I was so sad to be saying good bye but I was also so happy for her, that she'll be going to a new area and teaching new people, preaching the Gospel to others and touching peoples hearts with her testimony. She is such an amazing missionary and I seriously am so excited for her, it was just so sad saying good bye. Or see you later. I miss her. So Sunday I was surrounded by sister missionaries and it was way too cool. Being amongst all of that made me want to serve even more. Missionaries are amazing and I have so much respect for them. They are the Lord's hands here on the earth. How blessed are they!

L - R: Sister Stanbury (England), Sister
Kale (Tonga), Sister Beria (Kiribati) &
Sister Utuone (Utah)

I learned so much from the conference. Well to be honest, everything that was said, I kinda already knew, but I needed the reminder - BIGTIME!. The speakers were so intuned with the spirit, it made it easier to listen. I know that I must be better, try harder to seize every opportunity to spread the Gospel and live like I believe. I need to be an example to those around me because the best testimony that you can share is the way you live your life. People are always watching. Live like you believe!

At the Saturday evening conference, my sisters and I sung hymn #335 "Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy" acapella for the intermediate hymn. The fastest way for me to feel the spirit is through music. I was so touched the Presidency asked us to sing. One of the brethren who spoke Saturday night mentioned when he was serving his mission their motto was to live life without fear. They used that as their motto because his favourite artist is Biggie Smalls hahahaha. That cracked me up... But seriously, let your faith be stronger than your fear and you have nothing to worry about.

I just want to say that I love the Gospel with all of my heart, no more... no less. It is my life!

Sister Loli ;-)
The current stats for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints