Monday 30 June 2014

THE WAITING GAME

Dental and medical examinations - check. Interview with Bishop - check. Interview with Stake President - check. Mission papers submitted - check! And now, what some like to call - THE WAITING GAME. As I wait for my call, I go about my daily duties. Wake up, get ready for the day ahead, work, soccer or church (depending on which day it is) and then at the end of the day, retire to my resting place. The only difference is, I am waiting for my call. My mission call. As I wake up every morning I wonder if "today is the day"... And will continue to wonder until it is the actual day hahaha. As I write, I reminisce on past events that have lead me to this day - to where I am this very second. I think that the Gospel has been the greatest blessing in my life. I would not be the person I am today without it. My family are forever because of it. I would give my life for the Gospel. I owe my life to my Father in heaven and saviour Jesus Christ. So I think that 18 months is nothing compared to what I owe them. I want to bear testament of the truthfulness of the Gospel, it is my sunshine through the rain and light in every dark tunnel. The Gospel brings joy to all those it touches (it most definitely has given me the greatest kind of joy).
"We are commanded by God to take the Gospel to all the world. That is the cause that must unite us today. Only the Gospel will save the world from the calamity of its own self-destruction. Only the Gospel will unite men of all races and nationalities in peace. Only the Gospel will bring joy, happiness, and salvation to the human family." - Ezra Taft Benson.
I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the truth on this earth. I know that without the Gospel in my life I would be a lost cause (honestly!!!), I know that Jesus Christ lived and died so that I (and you) could live again. I know that when you come unto Christ and have Faith in Him and repent in His name that you will find happiness and joy far greater than you could ever imagine. I know, because I've found that happiness and that joy and my life is AMAZING! I love the Lord with all of my heart. And I am forever indebted to Him. The Book of Mormon is true - read it before you mock it. I love you all (serious), through and in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. (I will keep you updated on my call. I am hoping I get it soon... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE).

Sister Loli ;-)